The passing of the Queen was commemorated by every English football club and Mediacells has analysed the making and meaning of the most engaging memorial posts through the lens of the English Premier League (EPL).
There is a solemn focus on inclusive, shareable content with legendary FA Cup moments across the Premier League in celebration of the Queen’s sporting life.
The tone at club level is reverential with a non-self-promotional policy throughout where hashtags have been muted by adept and sensitive Admins.
Across the content there are iconic moments like the 1957 photo of the Queen hand over the trophy to Aston Villa’s beaming Johnny Dixon (#12).
- EPL royal posts derived from 56m engagements & 520 posts
- #NoHashtags are best practice on solemn occasions
- Man Utd are #1 by natural reach (All Followers)
- Nottingham Forest are #1 on level playing field (per 100k Followers)
- Brentford’s post rises 16 places on level playing field
- Emotive keywords play a reverential role in memorial post
Download full report here.
Read the full article at New Digital Age