Mediacells applied an engagement benchmark to the official club announcements on Instagram to provide two key take aways.
Firstly, the most engaging player-transfer posts do not always equate with popularity.
In the Premier League Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was the biggest deadline-day news item but his arrival at Chelsea was somewhat eclipsed by the arrival of Raheem Sterling.
Analysis of the content in the Chelsea official posts for each transfer indicates that the unique, authentic video style evident in Sterling’s post resonates louder with fans than the more formal, stylised Auba pictorial communication.
Secondly, it is in the creative space below the European mega club activity where the real emerging trends in creative social media best practice can be found and best typified when we get to Spain’s La Liga.
- €4.5 billion has been spent across the big five European leagues
- The Serie Club Saussuolo only club to post top transfer of a woman
- AS Roma Paulo Dybala broke CR7 shirt sales in Italy within 24 hours
- Rankings for the top 98 posts with links
- Trends in best practice across the 5 leagues
- Insights for each league’s Instagram activity
Download full report here.
Read the full article at New Digital Age